Thank you for your interest in supporting military families by wanting to partner with the SECO program's My Career Advancement Accounts (or MyCAA) scholarship.
In order to participate, schools must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, OR be an approved state or industry-standard regulatory body recognized by the Department of Defense.
Onboarding Process Steps:
- Education — Learn about the Spouse Education & Career Opportunities program and how your school or organization supports that mission through the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship. Review the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship FAQ.
- Application — If your school or organization can help promote the Spouse Education & Career Opportunities program and comply with the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship terms and conditions, you are ready to apply!
- Review the application or tip sheet to gather the information you will need to complete the application.
- Ensure who ever fills out the application has decision making authority for your school or organization to agree to the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship terms and conditions.
- Submit an Application
- Verification — The Spouse Education & Career Opportunities Education, Training and Licensing team receives the online application, will vet the information and then recommend each acceptable application to the Department of Defense.
- All applications are reviewed within 30-60 days of submission.
- Communications are sent by the team to keep you updated on the status of your application.
- Registration — Got an approval letter? At this step the two individuals listed on the application will follow the instructions on letter to complete the on-demand orientation.
- Orientation — Complete the interactive and on-demand class to learn more about the Spouse Education & Career Opportunities and how the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship works within the program. Key information is presented on the people processes and technology which will make you a successful My Career Advancement Account Scholarship partner.
- Newly approved schools – The details will be emailed.
- Staff turnover or new staff at your school or organization? This is the step to start at and an Education, Training and Licensing member will email out instructions.
- Participation — Once the orientation is complete, an Education, Training and Licensing member will contact you to wrap up the onboarding process.
- Your last step is to list points of contact at your school in our directory and ensure the right people have permissions in the Academic Institution Portal.
- Is there a new point of contact or has there been turnover in staff who work on the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship? Please contact MyCAASchools@militaryonesource.mil.
The preceding steps were set up to provide My Career Advancement Account Scholarship partners with the knowledge of the Spouse Education & Career Opportunities program and its importance to military spouses. The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is just one benefit of the Spouse Education & Career Opportunities program.